Do Not Sell My Personal Information
As required by California law, AutoAPR maintains this page to assist you with opting out of the “sale” of your personal information. Please note that the option described below is only available to California residents.
The automotive dealership website where you found the AutoAPR tool is an AutoAPR client. That client pays AutoAPR a fee to provide you with access to the tool on their website. This monthly access fee is likely considered a "sale" under California law. Please note AutoAPR does not otherwise share your personal information with any party other than the specific dealership that provided you access to the AutoAPR tool.
Since AutoAPR is integrated with the dealership's website, it requires certain information to properly present you with a Payment Certificate. Therefore, in order to opt out of the automatic transmittal of your personal information to the dealership, please follow the following steps:
- Use the tool and follow the instructions until you are requested to enter your personal information (in the "Reveal Your Estimated Payment" step)
- For both "First Name" and "Last Name" enter random words. For "Phone Number" enter 10 random digits. Together, the three fields will act as your security passphrase.
- For "Email" enter the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For "Zip Code" enter your actual California zip code. The AutoAPR tool requires accurate zip codes to properly function.
- Visit https://www.autoapr.com/contact and identify yourself with your security passphrases (from step 2), the date you used the AutoAPR tool, and a functioning email address. State that you are taking advantage of your California opt-out rights and would like your payment certificate forwarded to your real email address. We will then send you your payment certificate and not reveal your personal information to the dealership. You may still present your payment certificate to the dealership when you visit.