Effective Date: January 18, 2021
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from the Website by us, our service providers, and partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you choose to provide to us on the Website in multiple ways, such as when you:
- create an account or submit an application for one of our services or products. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, password, birthday, credit score, credit history, and billing information;
- share information with us via social networking logins, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter;
- apply for vehicle payments and/or rates with a dealer or one of our finance partners through the Website;
- participate in blog comments, reviews, chats, or other interactive sessions;
- provide payment card information for one of our services or products;
- participate in sweepstakes, surveys, or other promotions; and
- subscribe to our newsletter or leave feedback.
This information may include personally-identifiable information, such as your full name, email address, phone number, and GPS coordinates or other lock-tracking information. It may also include non-personally-identifiable information, such as general demographic information, such as age, income, and occupation.
When you visit the Website, information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website may be automatically recorded as non-personally-identifiable information or "Log Data." The Log Data may include information such as:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system used;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of mobile or handheld device that you used;
- emails you open and links you click on within those emails;
- the domain from which you are visiting and the websites you visit; and
- the search terms that you use and any advertisements you click.
When you visit the Website, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device ("Location Information"). We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access the Website). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with services and content that are relevant to a certain location, such as search results, advertising, dealers in the area, or to provide you with relevant dealer content and services.
Public Posted Information
Information that you provide to us and others via social media networks, blogs, list serves, forums, or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Use of Data Technologies
To enhance your online experience, we may use "cookies" or similar technologies, such as Web beacons, HTML5 local storage, flash cookies, activity tracking, bug reporting, and personalized advertising, (collectively, "Data Technologies.") Cookies are text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personally-identifiable information; however, once you choose to furnish a Website with personally-identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
We, our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or our partners may also use "Web beacons," activity trackers, or clear .gifs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a Web page, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a Web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (or http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx for mobile versions)
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- for everyday business purposes, such as administering our products and services, creating and maintaining user's accounts, processing payments, and providing customer service;
- to offer our other services or products and/or the services or products of others to you;
- to send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you;
- to analyze and improve our business, including evaluating the effectiveness of services, products, applications, and websites and developing new services and products;
- to diagnose technical problems;
- to comply with relevant legal requirements and our policies;
- to perform data analyses, including demographic and financial analysis, trend analysis, and consumer research;
- to personalize your user experience; and
- to contact you via phone, chat, or text. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Information We Share
We will not sell or share the personal information we collect or receive about you, except as described below:
Auto Sellers, Dealers, Manufacturers, and Lenders. Information about you, including but not limited to your personally-identifiable information and Data Technologies, may be shared and/or sold with auto sellers, dealers, manufacturers, and lenders, and their agents and third-party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. For example:
- if you are interested in a particular vehicle listing for sale, information about you may be shared with the seller of that particular car or similar cars or dealers in your area; and
- we may provide dealers and manufacturers, their agents, or third-party service providers, with information about you when you access the Website via AutoAPR branded advertising and/or functionality found on their websites or other third-party websites.
Payment Calculator. If you complete the payment or rate calculator on the Website or through our dealers or any third party, it may be necessary to provide personal information to complete the application including your address, credit history and information, employment, and other financial information. We may share your application information with the dealership(s) you selected, however, we will not use your personal financial information for interest-based advertising.
By providing us your telephone number, you expressly consent, under the E-SIGN ACT and other applicable consent rules including under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, to the dealership(s) you selected and its vendors and service providers, calling your phone using an automatic telephone dialing system and/or artificial or prerecorded voice for the purpose of answering your inquiry and offering other services and goods available on this website. You are not required to submit your information via this website as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. In the case of text messages, standard message and data rates may apply. By providing your phone number to us, you agree that the dealership(s) you selected may call you regarding their products or services regardless of whether your phone number appears on any national or state Do-Not-Call registry.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If you complete the payment or rate calculator on the Website or through our dealers or any third party, it may be necessary to provide personal information to complete the application including your address, credit history and information, employment, and other financial information. We may share your application information with the dealership(s) you selected, however, we will not use your personal financial information for interest-based advertising.
Other. We may disclose information, including your personally-identifiable information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of AutoAPR and our affiliates;
- investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
You are permitted to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that could affect your ability to receive a particular service or product or to create an account.
- If you want to stop receiving marketing emails from us, you can opt out by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails.
- With Data Technologies, you have several choices. Most web browsers are set to automatically allow cookies, but you can usually modify your browser's settings to decline cookies if you prefer. You can also disable web beacon tracking by removing existing cookies and turning off the acceptance of new cookies in your browser. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features of the Website may not function properly or not at all as a result.
- If you do not wish to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invite to provide that information or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. Please note, however, that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights relating to access, deletion, and opting out. To make such a request, you may contact us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that AutoAPR disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (A) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (B) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that AutoAPR delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception described under California law applies.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your California Privacy rights. We will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
California law requires a separate page be maintained that allows you to opt out of the sale of your personal information, which can be accessed by visiting: https://www.autoapr.com/legal/do-not-sell.
Information Access and Correction
Access to the information we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. If you would like to review, change, or delete the personal information we have collected from you, please contact us as indicated in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
How to Opt Out
Users may opt out of receiving information via the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of certain emails but should note that opting-out does not prevent us from contacting you regarding your account or any transactions.
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include but shall not be limited to: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates, and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the User with more relevant content based around their activity.
The Website may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by AutoAPR and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures that are designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to and misuse of the information we collect, including technological and physical security measures as well as procedural safeguards, including management-only access and the use of SSL and encryption. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you.
Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure
How Long We Keep Data About You
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request.
Children Under 18
The Website is not intended for users under the age of eighteen (18) years old. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 18 or market to or solicit information from anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 18, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. You hereby represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
Notice of Minors
In addition to protecting the privacy of children under eighteen (18), we are committed to protecting the privacy of minors. Though our Website is not targeted to minors nor is it intended to be used by minors, if, for any reason, a minor has shared information via our Website said minor may request and obtain removal of such information by contacting us at email@example.com. Although we offer deletion capability for our Website, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the Website.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Officer
4944 Parkway Plaza Blvd, Ste. 310
Charlotte, NC 28217
or by using our toll-free number: +1 (833) 288-6277